General Data Protection Regulation, is a law on data protection and privacy which will take effect from May 2018, impacting all individuals within the European Union. Similarly, Singapore—like most other Developed Countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Malaysia, has a Data Protection Act. We believe that all users on our platform have the right to understand and to control what personal data is made available to LAWAPP.SG.
If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access or use this site.
Should you wish to discuss or clarify any of the terms, please email our data protection officer at dpo@LawApp.sg.
The primary purpose of the LAWAPP.SG Website is to provide information about LAWAPP.SG products, services and areas of knowledge.
LAWAPP.SG will obtain your consent before collecting and processing your Personal Data.
You may request confirmation from us as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed, where and for what purpose. We will provide you a copy of the Personal Data, free of charge, in an electronic format. We may ask for proof of identification to verify your access requests. If your Personal Data that we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, please notify us and we will update the relevant information without undue delay. You may also request deletion of your Personal Data in our possession. In certain circumstances we may need to retain your Personal Data, such as:
(i) Where required by law;
(ii) Where necessary to continue providing services; or
(iii) Where the burden or expense of deleting such Personal Data would be disproportionate to the risks to your privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. For example, in cases where we are not the data controller (such as when the personal data was collected on behalf of a third-party data controller), we may need to refer you or your request to the applicable data controller.
If you no longer wish to use our services, you may request an erasure of your personal data. We will erase your personal data and notify you when the erasure is completed. However, we will compare your right to be erased with the public interest in the availability of the data when considering your requests of erasure.
You may object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to object, we will no longer process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, unless there is a compelling legitimate ground for future processing. You may not be able to use the full functionality of the services as a result of an objection.
You may choose to restrict us from processing your Personal Data when: (1) You contest the accuracy of your Personal Data, (2) You oppose the erasure of your Personal Data when the processing is unlawful, (3) We no longer need the personal data to provide our services but you would like to keep your personal data available for establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or (4) You object to processing of the personal data. If you choose to restrict processing of your personal data, we will only store and will not further process your personal data without your consent. However, we may process your personal data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest. If it is necessary for us to process your personal data after you choose to restrict, we will inform you before any data processing starts.
You will receive data breach notification in accordance to applicable laws if we or our data processors become aware of a data breach which is likely to result in a risk for your rights and freedoms.
You may require us to provide you a copy of your personal data, which you have previously provided, in electronic format. You are free to transmit the personal data to any other controllers.
Users who believe their rights have been violated under the GDPR may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or other supervisory authority.
We are committed to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard your personal privacy at all design stages. Our design features address the amount of personal data collected, the extent of Personal data processing, the period of personal data storage and personal data accessibility.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
To support delivery of our Services, LAWAPP.SG may engage and use data processors with access to certain personal data of its users (each, a “Processor”). LAWAPP.SG currently uses third-party processors to (a) provide infrastructure services, (b) facilitate payments, (c) provide information for site security, maintenance, performance, and error tracking; (d) tracking and reporting user analytics for purposes of improving customer experience. Prior to engaging any third-party Processor, LAWAPP.SG evaluates their privacy, security, and confidentiality practices, and executes an agreement implementing its applicable obligations.
We collect information relating to you that you have provided to us (for example, on an application or registration form, when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us or through the way you use our products and services) or that we may have obtained from another source (such as our suppliers or from marketing organisations and credit agencies).
Where possible, we will collect the information directly from you.
This information may include, your name, address, telephone numbers, bank account information, information on how you use our products and services (such as the type, date, time, location, comments and messages, how much you spend, and information on your browsing activity (including the internet sites and pages visited by you, your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the dates and times you log on and off our internet services)), the location of your mobile phone from time to time, lifestyle information and any other information collected in relation to your use of our products and services.
The information that we collect from you may be used by us for several purposes connected with our business such as
1. Processing and evidencing your orders or applications
2. Carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
3. Providing you with products and/or services you have requested or administering your account;
4. Billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method) and collecting any debt owed to us by you;
5. Settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
6. Dealing with your requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities;
7. Carrying out market and product analysis, improvements to our products and services and marketing our and our group companies’ products and services generally;
8. Contacting you about our and our group companies’ products and services (unless you ask us in writing not to). Where such contact is via electronic means, our terms and conditions record our agreement with you that the electronic marketing messages don’t need to include an unsubscribe facility;
9. Carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
10. Carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
11. Providing aggregated user information to third parties (without at any time disclosing personal information about an identifiable individual)
12. Generally customising your experience on our sites
13. For general administrative and business purposes
We will not sell, trade, or rent personally identifiable information to others. Furthermore, we will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission, except to the extent necessary.
However, there may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. If we do this, we will only disclose your information to:
1. Our group companies who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
2. Those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our freelancers, suppliers & customers
3. Credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise), who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name
4. Anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
5. Anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of the LAWAPP.SG networks and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities;
6. Anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us and our group companies, where your information is processed;
7. Persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies and emergency services;
8. Aggregated user statistics and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as our advertisers, customers, potential customers and partners;
9. If you would like to opt-out of receiving LAWAPP.SG marketing materials, please login to “My Profile” and unsubscribe anytime.
You have the right to access personal information about you if we hold that personal information in a way that it can be readily retrieved, subject to some exceptions provided at law.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by sending an email to our Data Protection Officer dpo@LawApp.sg. Please quote your name and email address. We would be grateful if you could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy (this helps us to more readily locate your data).
We will not be able to provide you personal information if we do not know or don’t have reasonable grounds to believe it is personal information about you or if disclosing the information would involve the unwarranted disclosure of the affairs of another individual
You can request correction or amendment of the information held by us at any time and as often as necessary by sending us an e-mail to contacting us and specifying the information that you require changed. If it is reasonable in the circumstances for us to do so, we will make the requested change or correction, otherwise we’ll take reasonable steps to mark that information as having been subject to a change or correction request.
Some of our services are password-protected so that only you have access to your personal information. You should not reveal your password to other people and you should change it regularly. LAWAPP.SG will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail. Also, if you are using the internet, remember to sign out of your LAWAPP.SG account and close your browser window when you have finished. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
1. Understand what you like and use about our website;
2. Understand what you do not like and do not use on our website;
3. Provide a more enjoyable, customised service and experience,
4. Enable you to use certain services on our website; and
5. Help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to our customers’ interests and needs.
We also collect IP addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. We collect and manage IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes
We may use a persistent cookie to record details such as a unique user identity and general registration details on your PC. This helps us recognise you on subsequent visits to this website so that you don’t have to re-enter your registration details each time you visit us and allows us to carry out the activities mentioned above.
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, your rights or anything pertaining to your data and how its managed, reach out to us and contact our Data Protection Officer at dpo@LawApp.sg